Who Should Attend?
This qualification is suited to those working as an emerging leader and manager within the workplace, as well as those looking to seek future employment in this area.
Individuals with this qualification are able to apply solutions to a range of unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. As well as provide leadership and management skills in workplace environments and situations.
The minimum duration is 10-11 months depending on current skills, knowledge and previous experience.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification may include after achieving a Certificate III or IV in Business, or with demonstrated vocational experience in a range of practical work environments relevant to leadership and management.
Assessment is ongoing during the program and includes undertaking workplace specific activities. The assessments consist of Q&A, projects, practical’s and observations. This is completed partially within the virtual classroom environment
Certificate Award Requirements
This qualification requires the demonstration of competency of 12 units with 5 cores.
Recognition of Prior Learning
RPL is available for each unit of competency based on relevant workplace experience, formal training or other expertise. Recognition will involve submission of evidence.
- BSBLDR411 – Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBLDR413 – Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS402 – Coordinate business operational plans
- BSBXCM401 – Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBXTW401 – Lead and facilitate a team
- BSBCRT411 – Apply critical thinking to work practices
- BSBOPS403 – Apply business risk management processes
- BSBPEF402 – Develop personal work priorities
- BSBTWK401 – Build and maintain business relationships
- BSBPMG430 – Undertake project work
- BSBWRT411 – Write complex documents
- BSBSTR402 – Implement continuous improvement
- BSBOPS404 – Implement customer service strategies
- BSBMKG434 – Promote products and services
- BSBHRM415 – Coordinate recruitment and on boarding